Only three shopping days left until National Tequila Day!
And because it falls on a Sunday, you definitely need to plan ahead because, well, Texas is backward and stupid AF.
Indeed, living in the Lone Star State definitely drives us to drink. But always top-shelf.
So while your inbox and social media feed are filling up this week with agave spirits to try for National Tequila Day, we chose instead to highlight tequila’s perfect margarita companion: Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge.
Sure, there are other tequila-based cocktails you could be drinking to celebrate, but there’s nothing quite as good as a classic margarita with none of that ultra-sweet neon-green nonsense so many bars, restaurants, and home bartenders serve.
Good tequila (as Ina Garten would recommend). Grand Marnier. Lime. Ice.
That’s all you need for pure perfection. Nothing more, nothing less. (We’re including the easy-but-incredible recipe at the end and our pro tip: Always start with cold spirits—either stored in the refrigerator or freezer—for maximum flavor).
So raise a Grand Margarita this Sunday wherever you are. And we’ll be sure to do the same.
Five or six times minimum.
Grand Marnier Cordon RougePhoto courtesy of Grand Marnier
Grand Margarita Recipe
Ingredients:Recipe courtesy of Grand Marnier
1 part Grand Marnier® Cordon Rouge
1 part Tequila
.5 part Fresh Lime Juice
1. Fill a wide, shallow dish with approximately 1/4-1/2 inch of fine salt.
2. Cut a lime in half at the width and rub around half of the rim of a margarita glass.
3. Cut a thin, crosswise slice from one of the lime halves for garnish.
4. Holding glass upside down, dip wet half delicately into the salt.
5. Shake Grand Marnier, tequila and lime juice with ice in a cocktail shaker.
6. Strain into glass (with more ice if desired) and apply lime garnish to the rim.